Website AO Precision
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
JOB TITLE: Production Supervisor
REPORTS TO: VP of Operations
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
• Directs manufacturing operations for the Company through building and developing operations organization, processes and procedures to support strategic direction and establishing operations initiatives for improvement in safety, quality, cost, delivery and employee relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for due date performance and quality of parts
• Responsible for least cost to accomplish schedule goal including tooling, overtime, scrap and cost saving ideas and implementation.
• Manage the people and workflow of the production area to accomplish due date performance at least cost as well as enforce company polices and procedures.
• Ensuring schedules are met through appropriate use of human and technology resources, scheduling and effective problem solving.
• Working with internal resources to solve problems. Representing production area on projects within the operations group.
• Provide input regarding organizational changes within the production area as requested.
• Overseeing the training of the production area in line with the quality system.
• Ensuring equipment is operated in a safe and efficient manner.
• Proven ability and flexibility to work hours needed to accomplish goals.
• Proven ability to direct and work with others.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
• Proven ability to meet production schedule, strong leadership, communication and problem solving skills.
• 3-5 years exp as a production mgr in a CNC machine shop environment.
• A demonstrated leadership ability to motivate people and get results through others.
• Documented ability to manager and organize multiple priorities.
• Capable of facilitating employee training and development.
• Strong customer orientation
• Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to develop and lead high performance teams and be a strong team player.
• Demonstrates commitment to company values.
• OHSA and Safety experience a plus!
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business materials and documents. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and document work activities. Ability to effectively present information to, and respond to questions from, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as rate, ratio, interest and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and possible chemical irritants. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally loud.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com