Website AO Precision
JOB TITLE: Engineer
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
• Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, and systems by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Recommends and implements improvements to design processes, methods and controls.
• Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
• Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended design methods.
• Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
• Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
• Take a project from concept to production
• Integrate standard and custom designs into a unified system
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
• Strong knowledge of Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
• Experience in forecasting and planning with a proven ability to think ahead and strategize over a 3-6 month time span.
• Documented ability to manage and organize multiple priorities.
• Possess technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly and production equipment.
• Strong experience in product development
• Proficiency in problem analysis and problem resolution.
• Quality orientation and attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to develop and lead high performance teams and be a strong team player.
• Proficient in Computer assisted design (CAD) and Electronics Design/Simulation Software
• Familiar with desktop engineering systems.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate information with managers and other employees, both orally and in writing.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as rate, ratio, interest and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, flying metal burrs and chips and possible chemical irritants. The employee is occasionally exposed to uncomfortable cold or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com