The VMA established its Awards program to honor the excellence in manufacturing in Volusia and Flagler counties. The outstanding companies recognized inspire others to make such exceptional behavior the norm.
The benefits of participating in the VMA Awards program:
- The nomination process requires an assessment of where a manufacturer has been, where it is, and where it is heading. Past nominees have noted significant value as a result of the evaluation process.
- Organizations that win VMA awards obtain a market advantage and well-deserved media coverage in their communities and business publications. Award winners can also use the VMA Awards logo to promote their company and products with external marketing campaigns, web sites, sales presentations, and publicity.
- Many companies have cited their workers as deserving credit for their awards. This is a morale booster. Executives have used the honor as an employee retention tool in showing appreciation to associates for jobs well done.
Compelling reasons to submit an application for the Awards selection process:
- Share your story - businesses have great ones to tell
- Recognize employee hard work and dedication that has contributed to your company's success
- Highlight corporate citizenship - manufacturers are assets to local communities and are good corporate citizens
- Join the ranks of other notable manufacturers
- Receive well-deserved press coverage
- Promote industry firsts and significant accomplishments
LOU FIFER MANUFACTURER OF THE YEAR WITH >50 and 51+ EMPLOYEES
Recognizes the area’s top manufacturing companies. One for companies with less than 50 employees and one for companies with 51 or more employees. Nominations solicited from general membership. This award was named after the founding Executive Director in 2009. Lou Fifer lived his life as a champion of Americanism, capitalism and free enterprise. He was a vigorous, positive thinker. He believed in the power of manufacturing. The winners of this award will embody his beliefs.
Presented to manufacturers with exceptional practices in a particular business areas. The areas for consideration are intentionally broad and may involve any aspect of a manufacturer’s business endeavor. There can be more than one Best Practices Award. Nominations are solicited from the general membership.
HALL OF FAME “MANNY” AWARD
Presented to an individual for life-long achievement in manufacturing in Volusia County. The person is inducted into the MANUFACTURERS HALL OF FAME.
EXPORTER OF THE YEAR
This award will be presented to a Volusia County firm that has demonstrated outstanding export performance. It was established by the partnership of the Volusia County Economic Development Department and the VMA.
GREEN AWARD WITH 51+ EMPLOYEES AND GREEN AWARD WITH < 50 EMPLOYEES
Presented to the company with practices and policies that show sustainability and environmental leadership.
DREAM IT! DO IT! CHAMPION
Presented to the individual who contributed most to building awareness of the career opportunities in manufacturing with the 16-26 year old age group.
KARL SCHILLER MEMBER OF THE YEAR
Presented to the VMA Manufacturer member who has made the most significant contribution to the success of VMA
LOIS FIFER FRIEND OF INDUSTRY AWARD
Presented to the Service or Strategic Partner member who has done the most to further the interests of manufacturing and the VMA.
The Awards Banquet is always a gala event celebrating the importance of manufacturing, the backbone of America, in our local community.
Use the form below to nominate yourself or another. Call 386.673.0505 if you have any questions.