2. On the Claimant Login Page, select the ‘File a New Claim’ link from the left hand menu or from the middle of the page.
3. You will land on the ‘Initial Questions’ screen.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select “Start the Reemployment Assistance Application.’
5. You will land on the “Reemployment Assistance Fraud’ screen.
6. Review the questions, scroll to the bottom of the page, and select ‘I acknowledge that I understand this statement and wish to continue to file my claim.’
7. Select ‘Next.’
8. The ‘Information Checklist’ screen will populate.
9. Review the information, scroll to the bottom of the page, and select ‘Next.’
10. The ‘Privacy Act Statement’ page will populate.
11. Review the information, select ‘Yes.’
12. Select the ‘Next’ button to continue.
13. The ‘Claimant Authentication’ page will populate.
14. Enter the required information.
15. Select the ‘Submit’ button to continue.
16. The ‘Set PIN’ screen will populate – here, you will need to create and enter a 4 digit PIN and choose security questions.
17. Select ‘Submit’ to complete the process of setting up your login ID and PIN.
If you have previously filed a claim through DEO, you are an Existing Claimant.
1. Type or copy the CONNECT URL into your browser address bar: https://connect.myflorida.com/Claimant/Core/Login.ASPX.
2. Log in using your Social Security Number and 4-digit PIN in the PIN field. (If you have not received any unemployment benefits for more than 120 days you will need to reestablish a new pin number).
3. Enter SSN into ‘Social Security Number’ field.
4. Select the ‘Forgot PIN’ button.
5. The ‘Submit Personal Information’ screen will populate.
6. Enter personal information into required data fields.
7. Select ‘Next.’
8. The ‘Set PIN’ screen will populate.
9. Enter required information into PIN data fields. (Please note that your PIN should be four digits long. The answers to the security questions must be five or more characters long).
10. Select the ‘Submit’ button to complete resetting your PIN
11. If you are unable to reset your pin on the system you will see a message on the screen to contact the Pin reset department at 1-800-297-0586 in order to obtain a temporary pin number that would be valid for 24 hours.
Information you will need to supply in order to apply for reemployment assistance benefits:
Your Social Security Number
Secondary Identification may be any one of the following:
1. Driver’s license issued by a state, possession of the United States, or a Canadian government authority, provided it contains a photograph or identifying information such as name, date of birth, sex, height, and address;
2. Documentation issued by a federal, state, or local government agency that contains a photograph or identifying information such as name, date of birth, sex, height, and address;
3. School identification (ID) card with photograph
4. United States (U.S.) military ID card, dependent’s ID card, or U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card;
5. Native American tribal document;
6. U.S. Passport (unexpired or expired);
7. Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Certificate of Naturalization
If you are not a citizen of the United States, your alien registration number
Your residential address
Your mailing address
Your telephone number
Your birth date
Your employment history (most recent 18 months) which includes:
1. The names of all your employers
2. Employer addresses
3. Employer phone numbers
4. Reasons for separation from your employers
5. Employment start and end dates
6. Recall dates
7. If you were in the military you will need information from your DD-214. Member 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 may be used (not mandatory to apply)
8. If you were a federal employee , you will need information from your SF 8 or SF 50 (not mandatory to apply)
To request benefit payments, follow the below steps:
1. Select ‘Request Benefit Payments’ from the Claimant Home left-hand menu.
2. Read through the Reemployment Assistance Fraud Acknowledgement screen then check the acknowledgement box and select ‘Next’ to continue. (Just a reminder that the ‘Request Benefit Payment’ link will only appear after you have successfully completed the process of filing your initial claim, and if you have eligible weeks to request benefit payments).
3. Read through the Reemployment Assistance Fraud Acknowledgement screen then check the acknowledgement box and select ‘Next’ to continue.
4. Verify address.
5. If you need to update, select ‘Update’ button at bottom of screen.
6. Update address, telephone numbers, or correspondence preferences then press ‘Submit.’
7. Select ‘Confirm’ to continue.
8. Continue to Initial Questions screen Note the week the initial questions are for at the top of the screen.
9. Select a response to ‘Did you look for work or make an in-person contact at a One-Stop Career Center?
10. Select a response to ‘Were you able and available to work if work had been offered?’
11. Select a response to ‘Did you refuse any offer of work or referral of work?’
12. Select a response to ‘Did you work or earn any money?’
13. Select a response to ‘Did you receive, or apply for income from any other sources that you have not previously reported to us?’
14. Click ‘Next’ to continue
15. Review the work search requirements information. (Please note that questions and screens displayed are based on your specific situation and the screens below may not be displayed to all claimants).
16. Select ‘I have read and agree to the above information.’
17. Select ‘Next’ to continue.
18. Enter your Work Search details and select ‘Next.’
19. Review your Job Contacts log
20. Select an entry by clicking the circle next to it and press ‘Edit’ to make updates or ‘Remove’ to delete.
21. Add an additional work search log by clicking ‘Add.’
22. Click ‘Submit’ once all job contacts for the week have been entered.
23. Review answers to initial questions on Summary Screen.
24. Click ‘Modify’ to edit responses to any initial questions.
25. Click ‘Submit’ once finished to proceed to the summary screen.
26. Acknowledge that all provided information is true by checking the box next to the statement.
27. Click ‘Submit’ to continue to Payment Request Confirmation Page.
28. Select ‘Request Benefit Payments’ to claim any listed eligible weeks.
29. Select ‘Home Page’ to return to Claimant Home.